CLC number plate & Insurance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #41338
    Tin ManTin Man

    Hello folks. Just found the community forum so am posting a question regarding the clc number plate and covering the property under insurance. Has anyone that has got a clc plated car managed to cover their liability? I am presuming it would be public liability insurance for 3rd party claims.

    I am hoping that the clc plate does not get flagged up with ANPR as it not a reg recognised with DVLA or MIB, pretty much like exporting the car. I am willing (under duress) to insure the car by motor insurance, if absolutely necessary, (though I have sent 2 promissory notes to the Attorney General for £500k, thus exempt under sec 144 of the RTA 1988 (courts ignored that fact)). NATIONAL insurance means exactly that. No insurance required for a horse or a bike and all claims are settled upon accepting the damages and settled by the N.I number (if you didn’t know that) in all 3rd party verified claims.

    I am considering returning the DVLA plates back to DVLA and cancelling any implied contract and sending proof of ownership, or
    also considering booking the car in for an inspection with the car manufacturer and have them verify that the car is a car, not light goods and have DLVA rectify their records of private only and put a private trust details for a registered keeper.

    Any advice would be appreciated. Come on people we got to make these changes and stop funding the beast.

    Keith JonesKeith Jones

    Tin Man, This is a subject I am very interested in myself as it’s something I want to do, unfortunately it seems to be the case that this site has very few active users, also the running of the community forum is very slow, there are very few replies to posts where people need this valuable information, I believe the common law court needs a recruitment drive to get people in here who have the time on their hands to make the running of the site more user friendly and more responsive than it has been of late.


    Keith Jones, I copletely agree with your sentiments that we need more help and advice and and more people to assist and improve response times.
    However, the next few words, as practiced by a well known Ian, are, “Your move.”
    I do wish that I was able to devote my time and become more knowledeable, but the point is anyone who does so has to belive in common law or rather, not believe in being dishonest and trying to say we have no written constitution.
    In other words, a straight recruitment drive I suspect is not straight forward.

    Ilme AroIlme

    Hi! I am also very interested in this topic. Please, whoever you have done this with a CLC number plate, share your experience. Thank you!

    K BevanK Bevan

    It is not just the Number Plate there is also the VIN Number and Engine Number as well
    Sending the number plate back does not relinquish their ownership.

    Number plates only denote the sale the place and year nothing to do with ownership.
    Look up the definition of ‘vehicle’ and why do you need a ‘vehicle excise licence’ better known as Road Tax before you go on the road amongst other legal and commercial implications

    If we need to remove the VIN and engine number then we could look at if there is way of getting a Manufacturer Statement of Origin (MSO) as you do when building a custom motorbike using a custom built frame and engine.

    There are people on the site have no idea on all the legalese and the implications of taking of your number plates relinquishing MOT and Insurance thinking they are doing the right thing under Common Law and shouldn’t be encourage until we have a proper and foolproof system of paperwork that covers everything.

    I also personally think until all matters into driving around in your own private conveyance as it is defined in common law safely and without threat of interference from the State in their various guises are currently ab inito.

    Hats of to you for trying and being a test pilot maybe you could try and build you own private conveyance and place it into a Trust.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.